Essentials of Laparoscopic Surgery
Basic Laparoscopy for Surgeons, Gynecologists and Urologists
This course is designed to orient surgeons, gynecologists, and urologists on the basics of laparoscopy. It includes lectures on
- the current status of laparoscopy in the Philippines,
- energy sources used during laparoscopic surgery,
- ergonomics and patient positioning,
- hemodynamic changes during surgery, and
- patient safety.
Hands-on exercises include an orientation with the laparoscopy tower, common troubleshooting, hand instruments, and skills lab.
The workshop will be supervised by surgeons with extensive experience in minimally invasive surgery (MIS).
At the end of the course, attendees should be able to
- identify laparoscopy instruments and their uses;
- discuss how to troubleshoot the machines used in laparoscopy;
- differentiate the different power sources and their applications in laparoscopy;
- demonstrate proper spatial orientation using the laparoscope and hand instruments;
- follow the proper procedures for patient selection; and
- explain the advantages of MIS.
NEW: ONLINE DIDACTICS
Known worldwide as the "flipped classroom" method, pre-event didactics delivery allows trainees to view and review lectures at their own convenient place and time, so the face-to-face event can focus exclusively on open forum discussions and the hands-on workshop.
REMINDER: You must have a FREE MDpie account to register for the course. Create your FREE MDpie account here.
To facilitate registration payment, please deposit your payment to:
BPI Account Name: Department of Surgery Asian Hospital Inc.
BPI Account Number: 0931-0008-88