The Role of Nurses in Minimally Invasive Surgery
This course is designed to comprehensively discuss the basics of MIS that everyone in the nursing field should know. It includes lectures, video presentations, and discussions on relevant and interesting topics for the modern day nurse specifically discussing what MIS is, patient safety, laparoscopic tower and instruments, troubleshooting, energy sources, sterilization, and common laparoscopic procedures among others. There will also be a hands-on workshop on laparoscopic tower and instruments. Participants will be given the opportunity to set up the laparoscopic tower, functioning to its optimal condition and identify different laparoscopic instruments and their functions. They will also set up different energy sources and troubleshoot common scenarios in equipment failure. The laboratory workshop will be supervised by surgeons and nurses with extensive experience in minimally invasive surgery.
- To understand the principles of minimally invasive surgery and the role of nurses as part of the team approach.
- To learn the significance of patient safety in minimally invasive surgery.
- To identify and appreciate the functions of the different laparoscopic equipment and instruments.
- To learn how to troubleshoot different scenarios in equipment and instrument failure.
- To be familiar with the principles of sterilization and disinfection in minimally invasive surgery.
- To be able to identify, arrange and set up various laparoscopic equipment and instruments.
NEW: ONLINE DIDACTICS
Known worldwide as the "flipped classroom" method, pre-event didactics delivery allows trainees to view and review lectures at their own convenient place and time, so the face-to-face event can focus exclusively on open forum discussions and the hands-on workshop.
REMINDER: You must have a FREE MDpie account to register for the course. Create your FREE MDpie account here.
To facilitate registration payment, please deposit your payment to:
BPI Account Name: Department of Surgery Asian Hospital Inc.
BPI Account Number: 0931-0008-88
Go to Course